10517Re: Question From Email

  • Gene Poole
    Sep 9, 2003
      >medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > To Whom It May Concern,
      > I am a 21 year old female in desperate need to find inner peace. I
      > lost my father suddenly and unexpectedly just under 2 years ago. I
      > thought that I was "ok" with myself but recently I found that I am
      > having anxiety attacks and am very angry most of the day. I wanted to
      > know if there was a way for meditation to help me overcome my problems
      > as well as a place to take lessons. I live in the Northeastern New
      > Jersey area and wanted to know if you had any recommendations to point
      > me in the right direction.
      > Thank you very much,

      Hello L...

      My first step, based upon my own personal
      experience, would be to enter psychotherapy
      with a legitimate, degreed, licensed therapist.

      Given the circumstances you present, I would
      suggest a female therapist.

      I would start out with 'cognitive therapy' first,
      and then eventually graduate to 'transpersonal
      therapy', in that order.

      I suggest a schedule of at least once per week
      for therapy.

      It is better to approach your need immediately,
      and to embrace therapy frankly; you have nothing
      to lose by opening to the therapist.

      Be sure to attend to any physical needs or illness
      that may be troublesome or intruding into your
      life. Unattended illness will always exacerbate
      psychic distress.

      If you are not doing so already, it is wise to begin
      taking two 'B-100' natural B complex capsules
      every morning with breakfast (you do eat breakfast,
      yes?).

      Of course... it is necessary to understand that any
      choices you make, in any circumstances, are your
      own. At all costs, avoid succumbing to the role of
      victim.

      Warm regards...

      ==Gene Poole==
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic