10494Re: Do You Wanna Play Some Football?

    Sep 6, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
      <maread@t...> wrote:
      > Hey, Bob. How is football like meditation.
      > 1. You get better if you don't miss practice.
      > 2. You have to give it all you got, and you still get creamed.
      > 3. Your butt is on the line and it's first and ten, again.

      And Enlightenment is a Touchdown :-)

      > well, that's all that i can conjure up at the moment. i don't follow
      > sports too often. the 89 superbowl (i forget who played) was such a
      > one sided massacre that i vowed to wait ten years between games
      > before i'll see another. really.
      > ciao,
      > michael

      Hi Michaelji,

      The 2004 Super Bowl will be in Houston, and since the Eagles will be
      in it, I'll be there. Maybe I'll stop over in Taos on the way, and try
      to get you back into the religious denomination that seems to be the
      most popular in America, Footballism. This type of being saved may not
      bring about eternal salvation, but it sure can be fun. I'm practicing
      my "Beat the Bucs" and "Go Eagles" mantras now, and will join
      thousands of other Eagleism followers as we celebrate a high holy
      Monday night service at Philly's 1/2 Billion $ (no kidding!) Temple.
      And when Philly fans get together, you can really experience being a
      part of a higher power. Chanting OM ain't got nothing on 60,000 fans
      Booing at the other team as one. Talk about Rapture!

      May you have many spiritual first downs, field goals, and touchdowns!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic