10457Re: Meditation-Stillness

  • Michael Read
    Sep 2, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, angelicspirit2000
      <spiritmindbody2001@y...> wrote:
      > Blessings Group,
      >
      > For many years I heard the phrase, "BE STILL AND KNOW"
      > of course my question was Know what? How can I turn
      > my mind off long enought to hear nothing but quiet?

      The rest of the phrase is "and know that thou are god"

      > I wanted to get to know my Creator and myself. I
      > wanted to know who I am and what I am not. I wanted
      > to find my purpose in life and what I am supposed to
      > do. How can I make this a better place for others and
      > how to solve problems that were in my life?

      The zen approach would be to do what is in front of you to do. Eat
      when you're hungry and do the dishes as needed. Every problem has an
      answer - for good or ill. Don't look at them as others. They are
      simply folk, as you and I are.

      > Through learning to really meditate it has helped me
      > achieve some of this. I will never have it perfected
      > as I think it should be, I don't think, but then again
      > there is that little ray of hope.

      Observe the events without judging them. Meditation can help. As you
      begin to see the perfection that is already present within you, you
      will begin to see that perfection is the hidden nature of things.

      > I continue on the path of enlightenment with treasured
      > friends such as each of you. Giving me strength and
      > gentle guidance that I can continue to learn and be
      > open.

      The pre-occupation of seekers is the path. The path is a great
      obstacle to awakening. The path or the idea of the path is that you
      will eventually end-up somewhere. By focusing on the path the seeker
      fails to realize that they are already at the goal. In fact, they are
      the goal. Yeah, it's a really bad practical joke but, one can't say
      that it doesn't keep one busy. <grin>

      =====
      > "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no
      path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

      "He does not attain a 'many' or a 'One' that is separate from himself;
      It is not something 'other', like an object with length and breadth.
      It cannot be objectively proven, or compared with anything.
      It's the Lord, the Self, the Eternal, he attains."

      The Song of The Avadhut - chapter 2 verse 36.

      ciao,

      michael
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic