10095[Meditation Society of America] Re: Question

  • texasbg2000
    Jul 25, 2003
      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > You are the mechanism that perpetuates the human
      > condition. Within such a condition is the presence of
      > a good and bad being, doing nice and not so nice
      > actions to nice and not so nice others. It is not your
      > goal to please these others, these mechanisms that
      > also are invovled with your perpetuation.
      >
      > Part of this understanding invovles relational
      > understandings, such as Joe had a bad day and this is
      > why. The other part invovles being the other, the one
      > that requires a seperation from Joe, his bad day and
      > his why.
      >
      > As a memeber of such a perpetuation, the fruit is
      > rarely in the outcome, but in the slant along the
      > road. Those that strive to be a better human
      > mechanism, through work choices, through relationship
      > choices, through monitary gains or through spiritual
      > endevours all follow along with this exact program.
      >
      > Having the thought that YOU have the best job or
      > relationship or the most money or the best whole
      > hearted spirit, does not give a YOU an advantage over
      > the others that play by the same set of rules. There
      > is a point when THROUGH not only becomes the way, but
      > is the only way, which breaks down all rise and fall
      > of good and bad in which you only follow this
      > perpetuation perfectly without effort. This perfection
      > gives up new ways to be of the rise and fall.
      >
      > Within this understanding of the process of the
      > mechanism, every single veiwpoint comes into focus,
      > from the muderous villan to the saint, from the Joe
      > with a bad day to the Jane that is always happy go
      > lucky. The rules never change, there is only a you
      > that bends to fit into any catagory of the human
      > mechanism.
      >
      > Peace and Love

      Well said Jason. This brings the subject back to the universal
      level, where people are all the same. When I am able to put myself
      in the shoes of the other guy I understand my own place a lot
      better.

      Another thought on this is that strong feelings of anger or
      inadequacy can be cyclic. Seeing the rhythms of when we feel good or
      bad can indicate a source. I think the source is many times not what
      we think it is. The mind has been shown to present the wrong cause
      when the real cause is uncomfortable to the self image.

      Patanjali mentions "covered ignorance" as ignorance that hides
      another type of ignorance.

      Love
      Bobby G.

      > --- texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > "Graham"
      > > <cool_55426@y...> wrote:
      > > > It's not that I don't want to take a dead end
      > > job... It is that
      > > > sometimes other people are too dumb to realize
      > > what a great guy I
      > > > am. I am friendly, strong, hard working and can
      > > very well get along
      > > > with the rules. I don't need to change that. I
      > > don't need to change
      > > > much at all expect for my exloding temper
      > > somedays. People tell me
      > > > need to change. But what into? There is nothing
      > > left to change into
      > > > but mean, as far as I know. Can you change from
      > > really nice to
      > > super
      > > > nice without going onto the nice freak mode?
      > > *explains that the
      > > nice
      > > > freak mode, is someone who is nice to everyone and
      > > about
      > > everything.
      > > > Really kind of a bother to many people* I contuine
      > > to pray that
      > > > things will change.
      > >
      > > I agree Graham, the 'really nice thing' is a bother
      > > to lots of
      > > people, me included.
      > >
      > > I think it is more stressful now in the workplace
      > > than it was when I
      > > took off to find a place. That was 1969 and all you
      > > had to do was
      > > stick out your thumb to go somewhere, and get a job
      > > when you wanted
      > > to work. People were not so suspicious as they are
      > > now.
      > >
      > > I watched my sons and their friends a few years ago,
      > > when they tried
      > > to find work and a place to live on their own for
      > > the first time. It
      > > was hard. It was not their fault but it worked out
      > > okay in the end.
      > >
      > > The meditation is a good thing. If you get sleepy
      > > during meditation,
      > > don't stop. Go through the sleepiness to the other
      > > side as often as
      > > you can. Soon you will stop getting sleepy and you
      > > will make more
      > > progress quicker that way. When the spirit is calm
> [...]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic