H1N1 Hospital Reports Negative Reactions To Vaccine

  • jewels_ascend2012
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 7:41 PM
      Subject: H1N1 this is information fromOKC Baptist mom

      This is something I have worried about all along. They developed the vaccine too fast. Don't know how true this is, but it is something to think about. I looked up the syndrome and there is such a syndrome and it is brought on by vaccine. I for one said in the beginning I would not get the H1N1 vaccine this year. I will continue to get my regular f lu vaccine tho. I saw my respiratory doctor yesterday and he told me I should get both. I didn't say anything to him about my opinion. Kathey
      This is coming from a different hospital here in OKC. They have not said anything here but opinions vary on this strand of flu. The only consistent advice has been to wait until Oct. to get the regular flu shot or you will have to get a booster in Jan.

      My sister Kim just called, for those of you that don't know she is a RN in the ER at Baptist. They had a meeting this morning on the H1N1 vaccination and the doctors at Baptist are advising that their staff and patients NOT get this vaccination. They have had several reports of people getting Guillain-Barre Syndrome. They are also concerned about how fast this vaccination has been developed and the lack of testing that has been done concerning this vaccination. In fact one nurse at Baptist, has a son that took the vaccination and has developed Guillain-Barre's.

      (Guillain-Barré syndrome is a disorder in which the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system. The first symptoms of this disorder include varying degrees of weakness or tingling sensations in the legs. In many instances the weakness and abnormal sensations sprea d to the arms and upper body. These symptoms can increase in intensity until certain muscles cannot be used at all and, when severe, the patient is almost totally paralyzed. In these cases the disorder is life threatening - potentially interfering with breathing and, at times, with blood pressure or heart rate - and is considered a medical emergency. Such a patient is often put on a respirator to assist with breathing and is watched closely for problems such as an abnormal heart beat, infections, blood clots, and high or low blood pressure. Most patients, however, recover from even the most severe cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome, although some continue to have a certain degree of weakness.)

      You can read more about it at www.ninds.nih.gov <http://www.ninds.nih.gov/> < http://www.ninds.nih.gov/ > < http://www.ninds.nih.gov/ > . She also said of course you should ask your doctor about it if you have any questions.

      Just thought I would pass this info along.

      Michael Bickle
      Retail Manager- Sodexho
      St. Anthony Hospital