Research on Meditation

  • madhavi200215701
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
      Dear Friends,
      Please check the link below where it shows the PET scan images(one of
      the latest technologies that shows brain function in real time) of a
      swami, while he is in meditative state-
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2rFMZxkbrA
      Thanks,
      Madhavi
    • David
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
        --- In meditation_research@yahoogroups.com, "madhavi200215701"
        <madhavi200215701@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friends,
        > Please check the link below where it shows the PET scan images(one of
        > the latest technologies that shows brain function in real time) of a
        > swami, while he is in meditative state-
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2rFMZxkbrA
        > Thanks,
        > Madhavi

        Sri Swami Nithyananda I have personally talked via email and there
        are signs that he is genuinely a jivan-mukti/Avadhoot/Arhat. He
        sleeps, according to his website, 2 hours a night, and has done
        miraculous healing work on many people. I, personally think we should
        take these statistics seriously and suspect that this Swami has
        cultivated deep Jhana/Samadhi states, perhaps even Nibanna. I will
        try to map these scans to neurophysiological counterparts in the next
        few weeks and see if I discover anything interesting.
        It is great to see research on a yogi who seems to be highly
        advanced, finally.
        -David