Open Shop and party on Memorial Day!

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2008
      ( I've announced this on Armourarchive.org but I thought
      I'd post it here too... )

      Ok, time for the general announcement!

      I'm having my first open shop on Memorial Day
      starting around 10:00am so we can get some work
      done and still have time later to fire up the grill and
      the smoker for some good grub! ( byob and maybe
      a side dish... I'll have to talk to my wife about that )

      I'm in Ky close to Cincinnati ( same area as Midrealm
      Crown Tourney that same weekend )

      I'll post directions later.

      I've got a woodworking shop and the new forge ( but lack
      tools other than a Harbor Freight anvil and a handful
      of ball peen hammers.... Small projects, armor maintenance,
      or just hanging out would be fine.... Planning for larger
      projects also possible but no guaranties on finishing big
      stuff... I've got a pile of wood for small stuff but if you
      want to make anything large contact me first so plans
      can be made.

      ( pattens would be a great small project, just bring the shoes
      that they will go with....)

      This is also kinda a shop warming party also so
      I can show off my new shop! ( I love my new shop! )

    • Rebecca A. Yaniv
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2008
        Message
        ~~~~ weak whimper from across the border in British Columbia, Canada~~~~
                        Anyone on this list up here in this neck of the woods so we can organize something likewise?

        Rabiya
            who will be venturing out today to finish my kitchen box-"grubby style", and make lots of sawdust with other projects also.
[...]

        Checked by AVG.

        Checked by AVG.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2008
          the exchange rate is in your favor.......

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26, 2008
            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca A. Yaniv"
            <rivka-Y@...> wrote:

            > ~~~~ weak whimper from across the border in British Columbia, Canada~~~~
            > Anyone on this list up here in this neck of the
            woods so we
            > can organize something likewise?
            >
            > Rabiya

            Well I AM...

            But I"m also out on Vancouver Island and half way UP it.

            Aleyn
          • Ralph Lindberg
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 27, 2008
              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Stuart Tingle" <stu.shan@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca A. Yaniv"
              > <rivka-Y@> wrote:
              > >
              > > ~~~~ weak whimper from across the border in British Columbia,
              Canada~~~~
              > > Anyone on this list up here in this neck of the
              > woods so we
              > > can organize something likewise?
              > >
              > > Rabiya
              >
              > Well I AM...
              >
              > But I"m also out on Vancouver Island and half way UP it.

              I get to both the lower main-land and on the Island from time to time,
              still haven't been up to Comox to visit Aleyn though. Maybe on one of
              my next trips....

              Ralg
              An Tir