An Introduction

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2008
      Good day all.
      Being new to the list I deemed an introduction would be in order.

      I am know as Æiric Ørvender a member of the Ring Tribe in the Barony
      of the Flame (Louisville Ky)

      I'm very interested in leatherworking, sca heavy combat, archery,
      wood carving (both chip and relief) and obviously woodworking.

      By NO means am I a carpenter (but I do know which end of a hammer to
      swing) I make benches, and boxes my biggest project to date was the
      building of a "Living Wagon" for our camping events.
      You can see photos of the finished wagon here:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/8864011@N07/sets/72157601848705355/

      And the building process here:
      http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557812280BtRGIt

      I'm looking forward to new plans and projects (I believe my lady-
      wife wants a collapsible camp kitchen box/pantry...

      In service to the Dream and bending nails along the way,

      Æiric
    • bayard_turner
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2008
        Greetings to the group,

        I'm a new member here, and a relatively new player. We (myself, my
        15-year-old daughter and my 13-year-old son) have been active in
        Korsvag in Northshield for just about a year. We've been focusing on
        15th and 16th century northern Europe and England, which has guided my
        work.

        I'm a fairly accomplished turner and a member of AAW. I helped start
        our local chapter, the MinnDak Woodturners, and regularly demonstrate
        turning for the club, for schools, and at a local tool store. I've
        built some furniture in the past, but for the last 18 years or so have
        focused almost entirely on turning.

        My first period items were plates, cups, and bowls. I've since
        shifted to furniture, starting with a 3-legged backstool patterned
        after those shown on Tom Rettie's site.

        I posted a few pictures of current work - a knock-down cradle built as
        a gift for our new Queen (it takes a brave soul to accept the throne
        with a 1-month-old baby!), a lidded box with dyed petals (not period,
        but a lot of fun), and a large hollow vessel.

        I've enjoyed all the lively discussion in the few weeks I've been
        watching. I look forward to being part of the group.

        Bayard the Turner (Ron Williams)
        Korsvag (Moorhead, MN)
      • kirkdrago
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2008
          Baynard,
          Welcome, another set of experience is always a good addition. I
          look forward to seeing some of your projects.

          Yours in sawdust,

          Kirk Dragomani

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "bayard_turner"