Re: [MedievalSawdust] Semi OT Pells

  • Michael Tighe
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14, 2008
      I built one just like that years ago and
      found that I couldn't get close to it because
      of the footing.

      One design I've seen that I like is to hang
      a heavy piece of truck tire or carpet from
      a tree branch (with rope). When you hit it,
      it gives a bit, then swings back - making it
      more mobile. And you can get real close to
      it.

      -- Sir Michael of York, lurker...