Treadle Lathe

  • Steve Sump
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6 7:04 AM
      Hello All,

      I know that this has been discussed before, but I'm looking for some
      extensive instructions on how to build a treadle lathe. I must be
      dense, but I can't seem to locate a good resource that delves into
      the "how-to" of construction.
      Anything members come up with would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking
      for something that would be substancial and stationary; I'm not
      concerned with portability. Other than that, the sky's the limit.
      Thanks for the help.

      Gruffud
    • Tatjana
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6 12:59 PM
        Here are a couple good sites. I've not tried to build my own yet, but it's on
        the project list. ;-)

        http://www.bloodandsawdust.com/sca/lathes2.html

        This one is a downloadable book.
        http://www.manytracks.com/lathe/default.htm

        Post pictures once you get it built!

        ~Tatjana

        "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

        Wolf and Tiger Woodworking has been updated! Take a look!
        http://www.wolfandtiger.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7 10:51 PM
        • L S Campbell
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9 2:38 AM