Hand Cart

  • McNutt Jr, William R
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008

      Does anyone have plans online for a medieval hand cart?  I’m looking for some kind of wheelbarrow or very small dog cart.

      Will

    • barondevin@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
        Both Master Avery Austringer and Master Charles Oakley have carts, and Charles has posted plans for a wheelbarrow as well.

        Or there were on their old sites, anyway. Haven't looked for awhile.

        Devin

        From: "McNutt Jr, William R" <mcnutt@...>

        Does anyone have plans online for a medieval hand cart?  I�m looking for some kind of wheelbarrow or very small dog cart.

        Will

      • James Winkler
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008

          I’ve just got the wheelbarrow plans…   new website:  www.mastercharlesoakley.com    I don’t know if Avery has his plans up… but I think Rhys still has his available somewhere… he took
          Avery’s plans and made a few modifications to them… (theirs are the ‘dog cart’ type…  I’ve used both Avery’s and Rhys version of Avery’s… you can haul a LOT of stuff in them with relatively little effort…

          I’ve seen some rather nice modifications and enhancements to my original version…  (things that I kinda’ wish I had done…  ;-)    Perhaps some of those folks could offer up theirs as well…

        • bjornwood@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
            I have plans on my web page for a 4 wheel cart that is not completely documentable but is probably close in looks to one from the 10th century

            Bjorn Helgason

          • rbull41
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
              I have plans for a 4 wheel cart that is not completely documentable but
              is probably close in looks to one from the 10th century

              Bjorn Helgason

              BULLWORKS

              http://hometown.aol.com/rbull41/