Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: New Web Site for Chas. Oakley

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2008
      my wife banged her knees one too many times and I
      was instructed to find another way..

      So I use these.....

      http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10&filter=bed%20rail&cookietest=1

      You can't see em once the bed is together, work great, not effected at all by humidity
      no pegs to fall out or lose . ( my nod to the Creative part of our name.... )

      And with a bed wrench, I'd go with a rope bed instead of slats anyway.....
      The bed wrench works great and I've had no problem with sagging ropes.
      The center support probably helps, but the ropes have never sagged enough
      for me to be sure.

      after trying both I will never go back to slats..... ever.

      In fact since we are waiting for the Ikea to open near Cincinnati and the box
      springs would not fit up the stairs in our new house, we are sleeping on the rope
      bed right now.... If we do not find something we like at Ikea I'll just build a
      rope bed for home use also....