Oseberg archaeology reports

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2008
      I have completed processing and uploading of the English summary text
      pages for Volume 2 of the Oseberg archaeology reports
      (Osebergfundet). I should have the plates and hopefully the figures
      completed sometime next week. I'll drop a note when this occurs.
      You can find them here:
      http://www.geocities.com/bmatney2000/Osebergfundet.html

      Beth
    • Jason Lewis
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2008
        That is incredible information you are making available, thank you very much!

        Saeth
      • Beth and Bob Matney
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2008
          You are most welcome.

          Beth

          At 09:35 AM 2/28/2008, you wrote:
          >That is incredible information you are making available, thank you very much!
          >
          >Saeth
        • Jan-Simon Hoogschagen
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
            I have access to volume 5 of this series. It is a huge book and
            although interesting, I do not think it is of much use in the context
            of this group.
            Nevertheless, I should try to borrow it, just in order to make a copy
            of it (with digital camera, as no normal scanner would be big enough
            for the book) because it is very rare.

            Jan-Simon

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
            <bmatney@...> wrote:

            > You are most welcome.
            >
            > Beth
            >
            > At 09:35 AM 2/28/2008, you wrote:
            > >That is incredible information you are making available, thank you
            very much!

            > >Saeth

          • Beth and Bob Matney
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
              Each volume of the set is of the same large folio format... including
              Vol 4 (Textiles) that was released in 2006. I agree that there
              probably is not a lot of Volume 5 of interest to this group. I have
              digital images of all except some of the large fold out plates
              (skulls) in the back.

              If you have access to any of the other volumes, I am missing a few
              things from volume 3 that had been torn out and a couple of plates
              from Volume 1, that I would really like to get to complete my set.

              Beth