Re: [MedievalSawdust] Master Charles web site missing?

  • Bruce S. R. Lee
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
      Many thanks, that is what I was looking for.

      Like a lot of people I saved a copy of the files originally, but they
      are on an old PC that has developed a case of no-go. I've again
      downloaded the pages, but there seem to be 2 that the pictures are
      missing from - I'll try them again later & see if it is an ISP
      problem. The link in the files section still points to the old site.

      regards
      Brusi of Orkney
      Rowany/Lochac

      At 03:36 AM 26/02/2008, you wrote:
      >I currently have it as
      ><http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/>http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/
      >

      >Hope this Helps,
      >Abrahe
      >
      >Bruce S. R. Lee wrote:
      >>

      >>Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting Master Charles'
      >>woodworking articles? It used to be
      >><http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/>http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/
      >>but that is now dead, as is
      >><http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/>http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/
      >>which was also useful. Dead server?
      >>
      >>regards
      >>Brusi of Orkney
      >>Rowany/Lochac
    • James Winkler
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008

        Hey all…  well, I was going through the mail and noticed this thread…  as this isn’t the first time a site has apparently gone the way of all things (i.e., belly up in the fish tank of life), I’m going to be putting the site up under my own domain…  I’ll post details once I get this done.    Who knows… might even get around to putting some new stuff up there one of these days…  in any case, a big thanks to the folks at www.livinghistory.org  for having copied the site and keeping it going…

        Your most obdn’t servant –

        Chas.

      • Lewis Newby
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008
          I still have all the original files but have been unable to get my domain going again.

          Farin

          Lewis Newby Jr.                                                                                     Email: dragon@...
                    />                                                                                                     Aim: fariner
                   //      Draco Aliquando Vincint                                                     Yahoo: ian_the_fariner
                   \\       At some time the dragon shall conquer                           MSN: wyvernstr@...
                    \>                                                                                                     Blog: http://lewnewby.blogspot.com/