Re: [MedievalSawdust] Master Charles web site missing?

  • Brian D.
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
      Sorry for the cross-posting (if you're on the Medieval
      Encampments list)....

      In the worse case scenario..... Check out the Internet
      Archive

      http://www.archive.org/index.php

      Just type in the URL and it will will pull-up a
      history of when that site has been "backed up." i use
      it fairly regularly when i reach dead links. Sometimes
      it works, sometimes it doesn't....

      Hopefully, this might help...

      Arnulf Ullrsson

      --- "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee2@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting
      > Master Charles'
      > woodworking articles? It used to be
      > http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/ but that is now
      > dead, as is
      > http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/ which was also
      > useful. Dead server?
      >
      > regards
      > Brusi of Orkney
      > Rowany/Lochac

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • afpopa@cox.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
        > http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/ which was also useful. Dead server?

        Master Ranulf of Waterford, keeper of this page, is apparently having ISP issues. Hopefully they will be resolved soon.

        -- Marcellus
      • Bruce S. R. Lee
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
          Many thanks, that is what I was looking for.

          Like a lot of people I saved a copy of the files originally, but they
          are on an old PC that has developed a case of no-go. I've again
          downloaded the pages, but there seem to be 2 that the pictures are
          missing from - I'll try them again later & see if it is an ISP
          problem. The link in the files section still points to the old site.

          regards
          Brusi of Orkney
          Rowany/Lochac

          At 03:36 AM 26/02/2008, you wrote:
          >I currently have it as
          ><http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/>http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/
          >

          >Hope this Helps,
          >Abrahe
          >
          >Bruce S. R. Lee wrote:
          >>

          >>Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting Master Charles'
          >>woodworking articles? It used to be
          >><http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/>http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/
          >>but that is now dead, as is
          >><http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/>http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/
          >>which was also useful. Dead server?
          >>
          >>regards
          >>Brusi of Orkney
          >>Rowany/Lochac
        • James Winkler
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008

            Hey all…  well, I was going through the mail and noticed this thread…  as this isn’t the first time a site has apparently gone the way of all things (i.e., belly up in the fish tank of life), I’m going to be putting the site up under my own domain…  I’ll post details once I get this done.    Who knows… might even get around to putting some new stuff up there one of these days…  in any case, a big thanks to the folks at www.livinghistory.org  for having copied the site and keeping it going…

            Your most obdn’t servant –

            Chas.

          • Lewis Newby
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008
              I still have all the original files but have been unable to get my domain going again.

              Farin

              Lewis Newby Jr.                                                                                     Email: dragon@...
                        />                                                                                                     Aim: fariner
                       //      Draco Aliquando Vincint                                                     Yahoo: ian_the_fariner
                       \\       At some time the dragon shall conquer                           MSN: wyvernstr@...
                        \>                                                                                                     Blog: http://lewnewby.blogspot.com/