Re: [MedievalSawdust] Master Charles web site missing?

  • Abrahe çaragoça
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
      I currently have it as http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/

      Hope this Helps,
      Abrahe

      Bruce S. R. Lee wrote:

      Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting Master Charles'
      woodworking articles? It used to be
      http://www.medieval wood.org/ charles/ but that is now dead, as is
      http://www.medieval woodworking. com/ which was also useful. Dead server?

      regards
      Brusi of Orkney
      Rowany/Lochac

      --
      Abrahe berengarii de girona

      Lealtad me Ata,

      Senyor Abrahe çaragoça
      Pron: Ah-brā Sair-uh-go-sa

      Or, on a fess dovetailed gules a drawknife Or

      MKA:  Joel G. Viney

      Aprentice à Mistress Isolde de la Vielle a Roue

      abrahecaragoca@...

      Blatha an Oir, An Tir

      Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
      ----------

      This e-mail made with 100% Recycled Electrons
      Reclaim Your Inbox!

    • Brian D.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
        Sorry for the cross-posting (if you're on the Medieval
        Encampments list)....

        In the worse case scenario..... Check out the Internet
        Archive

        http://www.archive.org/index.php

        Just type in the URL and it will will pull-up a
        history of when that site has been "backed up." i use
        it fairly regularly when i reach dead links. Sometimes
        it works, sometimes it doesn't....

        Hopefully, this might help...

        Arnulf Ullrsson

        --- "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee2@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting
        > Master Charles'
        > woodworking articles? It used to be
        > http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/ but that is now
        > dead, as is
        > http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/ which was also
        > useful. Dead server?
        >
        > regards
        > Brusi of Orkney
        > Rowany/Lochac

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • afpopa@cox.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
          > http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/ which was also useful. Dead server?

          Master Ranulf of Waterford, keeper of this page, is apparently having ISP issues. Hopefully they will be resolved soon.

          -- Marcellus
        • Bruce S. R. Lee
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
            Many thanks, that is what I was looking for.

            Like a lot of people I saved a copy of the files originally, but they
            are on an old PC that has developed a case of no-go. I've again
            downloaded the pages, but there seem to be 2 that the pictures are
            missing from - I'll try them again later & see if it is an ISP
            problem. The link in the files section still points to the old site.

            regards
            Brusi of Orkney
            Rowany/Lochac

            At 03:36 AM 26/02/2008, you wrote:
            >I currently have it as
            ><http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/>http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/
            >

            >Hope this Helps,
            >Abrahe
            >
            >Bruce S. R. Lee wrote:
            >>

            >>Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting Master Charles'
            >>woodworking articles? It used to be
            >><http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/>http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/
            >>but that is now dead, as is
            >><http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/>http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/
            >>which was also useful. Dead server?
            >>
            >>regards
            >>Brusi of Orkney
            >>Rowany/Lochac
          • James Winkler
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008

              Hey all…  well, I was going through the mail and noticed this thread…  as this isn’t the first time a site has apparently gone the way of all things (i.e., belly up in the fish tank of life), I’m going to be putting the site up under my own domain…  I’ll post details once I get this done.    Who knows… might even get around to putting some new stuff up there one of these days…  in any case, a big thanks to the folks at www.livinghistory.org  for having copied the site and keeping it going…

              Your most obdn’t servant –

              Chas.

            • Lewis Newby
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008
                I still have all the original files but have been unable to get my domain going again.

                Farin

                Lewis Newby Jr.                                                                                     Email: dragon@...
                          />                                                                                                     Aim: fariner
                         //      Draco Aliquando Vincint                                                     Yahoo: ian_the_fariner
                         \\       At some time the dragon shall conquer                           MSN: wyvernstr@...
                          \>                                                                                                     Blog: http://lewnewby.blogspot.com/