Master Charles web site missing?

  • Bruce S. R. Lee
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
      Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting Master Charles'
      woodworking articles? It used to be
      http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/ but that is now dead, as is
      http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/ which was also useful. Dead server?

      regards
      Brusi of Orkney
      Rowany/Lochac
    • Abrahe çaragoça
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
        I currently have it as http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/

        Hope this Helps,
        Abrahe

        --
        Abrahe berengarii de girona

        Lealtad me Ata,

        Senyor Abrahe çaragoça
        Pron: Ah-brā Sair-uh-go-sa

        Or, on a fess dovetailed gules a drawknife Or

        MKA:  Joel G. Viney

        Aprentice à Mistress Isolde de la Vielle a Roue

        abrahecaragoca@...

        Blatha an Oir, An Tir

        Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
        ----------

        This e-mail made with 100% Recycled Electrons
        Reclaim Your Inbox!

      • Brian D.
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
          Sorry for the cross-posting (if you're on the Medieval
          Encampments list)....

          In the worse case scenario..... Check out the Internet
          Archive

          http://www.archive.org/index.php

          Just type in the URL and it will will pull-up a
          history of when that site has been "backed up." i use
          it fairly regularly when i reach dead links. Sometimes
          it works, sometimes it doesn't....

          Hopefully, this might help...

          Arnulf Ullrsson

          --- "Bruce S. R. Lee" <bsrlee2@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting
          > Master Charles'
          > woodworking articles? It used to be
          > http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/ but that is now
          > dead, as is
          > http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/ which was also
          > useful. Dead server?
          >
          > regards
          > Brusi of Orkney
          > Rowany/Lochac

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • afpopa@cox.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
            > http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/ which was also useful. Dead server?

            Master Ranulf of Waterford, keeper of this page, is apparently having ISP issues. Hopefully they will be resolved soon.

            -- Marcellus
          • Bruce S. R. Lee
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
              Many thanks, that is what I was looking for.

              Like a lot of people I saved a copy of the files originally, but they
              are on an old PC that has developed a case of no-go. I've again
              downloaded the pages, but there seem to be 2 that the pictures are
              missing from - I'll try them again later & see if it is an ISP
              problem. The link in the files section still points to the old site.

              regards
              Brusi of Orkney
              Rowany/Lochac

              At 03:36 AM 26/02/2008, you wrote:
              >I currently have it as
              ><http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/>http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/homepages/oakley/
              >

              >Hope this Helps,
              >Abrahe
              >
              >Bruce S. R. Lee wrote:
              >>

              >>Does anyone know what happened to the site hosting Master Charles'
              >>woodworking articles? It used to be
              >><http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/>http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/
              >>but that is now dead, as is
              >><http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/>http://www.medievalwoodworking.com/
              >>which was also useful. Dead server?
              >>
              >>regards
              >>Brusi of Orkney
              >>Rowany/Lochac
            • James Winkler
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008

                Hey all…  well, I was going through the mail and noticed this thread…  as this isn’t the first time a site has apparently gone the way of all things (i.e., belly up in the fish tank of life), I’m going to be putting the site up under my own domain…  I’ll post details once I get this done.    Who knows… might even get around to putting some new stuff up there one of these days…  in any case, a big thanks to the folks at www.livinghistory.org  for having copied the site and keeping it going…

                Your most obdn’t servant –

                Chas.

              • Lewis Newby
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008
                  I still have all the original files but have been unable to get my domain going again.

                  Farin

                  Lewis Newby Jr.                                                                                     Email: dragon@...
                            />                                                                                                     Aim: fariner
                           //      Draco Aliquando Vincint                                                     Yahoo: ian_the_fariner
                           \\       At some time the dragon shall conquer                           MSN: wyvernstr@...
                            \>                                                                                                     Blog: http://lewnewby.blogspot.com/