Re: [MedievalSawdust] Oseberg bed

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2008
      thanks!

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Beth and Bob Matney <bmatney@...>
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 11:19:49 AM
      Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Oseberg bed

      There were several beds found at Oseberg and Gokstad. The most famous
      from Oseberg is the "Great Bed" reconstructed in Plate 7. So just for
      you Jim <grin>, I have spent the last several hours restoring and
      uploading Plate 7. I'll do the other bed drawings and English summary
      pages as I have time.

      http://i192. photobucket. com/albums/ z123/Castlegroun ds/Oseberg/ Plate7sm. jpg

      Other beds have been found elsewhere. Probably the best
      archaeological report showing a variety of beds is

      Speake, G. A Saxon Bed Burial on Swallowcliffe Down. Historic
      Buildings and Monuments Commission, no. 10. London: Historic
      Buildings & Monuments Commission for England, 1989. ISBN:1850742111
      9781850742111 OCLC:59885623
      http://www.worldcat .org/oclc/ 59885623& referer=one_ hit

      Beth

      At 06:41 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

      >How about the bed, unless I'm confusing the names.
      >
      >Gotta start on one soon....
      >
      >Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart

    • Beth and Bob Matney
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
        I have built a simple webpage to index the images and English summary
        of the Oseberg archaeology reports as I finish image restoration and
        upload. This is a work in progress and will take a bit to complete.

        Hope that this helps.
        Beth Matney