Oseberg bed

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2008
      There were several beds found at Oseberg and Gokstad. The most famous
      from Oseberg is the "Great Bed" reconstructed in Plate 7. So just for
      you Jim <grin>, I have spent the last several hours restoring and
      uploading Plate 7. I'll do the other bed drawings and English summary
      pages as I have time.

      http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Plate7sm.jpg

      Other beds have been found elsewhere. Probably the best
      archaeological report showing a variety of beds is

      Speake, G. A Saxon Bed Burial on Swallowcliffe Down. Historic
      Buildings and Monuments Commission, no. 10. London: Historic
      Buildings & Monuments Commission for England, 1989. ISBN:1850742111
      9781850742111 OCLC:59885623
      http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/59885623&referer=one_hit

      Beth

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2008
        thanks!

        At 06:41 AM 2/22/2008, you wrote:

        >How about the bed, unless I'm confusing the names.
        >
        >Gotta start on one soon....
        >
        >Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart

      • Beth and Bob Matney
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
          I have built a simple webpage to index the images and English summary
          of the Oseberg archaeology reports as I finish image restoration and
          upload. This is a work in progress and will take a bit to complete.

          Hope that this helps.
          Beth Matney