Horse Furniture Question

  • Sharon Henderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2008
      Gentle Cousins,

      Have any of you ever come across period illustrations
      for saddle and tack racks, pretty much any European
      venue will do for my purposes? I have a couple of
      sets of plans for saddle racks in particular that
      could be made "medievaloid" in appearance with a
      little tweaking and a good jig saw, but I thought if
      perhaps there were actual historical examples to go by
      I wouldn't be re-inventing the wheel or muddying the
      historic waters. :)

      However, most of the illos I've found only feed my
      thing for wanting to make a real period saddle (with
      proper eye toward safety and comfort for the horse, of
      course!)--I haven't found anything with pictures of
      those handy stands that keep tack out of the muck (and
      off the wall). If anyone happens to have found
      anything, I'd appreciate a link!

      Thanks,
      Meli
      Northern Atlantia