Re: thin stock joints

  • John LaTorre
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 16, 2008
      "C N Schwartz" wrote:

      > Yes, but if you are going to do that with chisel and handsaw, you might as
      > well make dovetails, is what I'm saying. It might be MORE work if you make
      > as many finger joints as are usually made with a machine.

      You know, there is one place where finger joints are easier to cut than
      dovetails, even for hand tools. That's where you are stacking a number
      of boards or whatever and, using a miter-box type jig, cutting the
      joints into several boards at a time. That wouldn't be possible for
      dovetails, which are cut at an angle other than perpendicular.

      --Johann von Drachenfels
      West Kingdom