Re: New photos of my first feast box

  • kirkdrago
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2008
      Beautiful! I love the inlay design (I'm a sucker for geometrics).
      How did you join the corners?

      Kirk D
    • Oakes, George
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
        Well the Purpleheart inlay was done by cutting 4 strips, then I cut a 45 degree angle at one end, then I found the middle of the strips, and cut a 90 angle the width of half the strip from the end, and cut to the oend of the 45

        so it looked like this
        Then I cut an x groove in the top using a router, set at a depth equal to the thickness of the veneer strips, I laid the 4 purpleheart peices into the grooves then filled in the 4 triangles shapes with little pieces of maple veneer I had laying around.

        IF the picture doesnt come thru, I will post it in my album.

        Peace
        Gavin