Re: Finish Question

  • Furukusu Masahide (Taliesin)
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 11, 2008
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Karl Christoffers
      <interestingclutter@...> wrote:
      <snip>
      > My best recommendation for starting on seal is a book
      > I got last year from our friends at David Brown/Oxbow
      > Books:
      >
      > Harvey, P.D.A. and McGuinness, A Guide to British
      > Medieval Seals, British Library and Public Record
      > Office, 1996, ISBN 0 7123 0410 X
      <snip>
      > -Malcolm

      Greetings Malcolm,

      Thank you very much for the information. I'm definitely going to look
      into picking this book up, as it sounds fascinating.

      I think, however, that I may have communicated the wrong message. I'm
      actually interested in period wood sealing techniques, e.g. what you
      put on wood to finish it, protect it from wear & weather....

      Based on the quote you gave, it looks like this book talks about wax
      seals, e.g. the blobs of wax put on ribbons and documents as a
      signature....

      Please let me know if I've gotten this wrong, or am misinterpreting
      something.

      Furukusu
    • Kiley Glass
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 13, 2008
        When you use your smoke alarm as a kitchen timer, it's not really the same as starting a fire, is it now? That's the line I've taken with the kids and I'm sticking to it. My husband I don't have to worry about. It's highly unlikely that he'd notice, which at times is very convenient. He usually just wants to know if he needs to go pick up take out or not. Gotta love a man like that.

        Caileigh

        Liedtke Goetz <goetzliedtke@...> wrote:

        --- Kiley Glass <caileighsoaps@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Yes sir. The kids hate it when mommy starts a fire in the kitchen.

        But how can you tell if the roast goose is done without setting off
        the smoke alarm?

        Goetz

        Be a better friend, newshound, and