Re: [MedievalSawdust] Finish Question

  • Kiley Glass
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 11, 2008
      Malcolm,

      I was able to find a copy of the book at half.com for under $10, $11something with shipping. Thank you for the recommendation. No doubt it will be very useful. I've got a decent supply of beeswax, pitch and some other things. I don't know if I'll use the pitch, but I do have it. We are making a simple tressle table to use mundanely in the kitchen and I thought this would be a great opportunity to experiment with finishes. I'll likely go for a verdigris green.

      Caileigh

    • Kiley Glass
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 13, 2008
        When you use your smoke alarm as a kitchen timer, it's not really the same as starting a fire, is it now? That's the line I've taken with the kids and I'm sticking to it. My husband I don't have to worry about. It's highly unlikely that he'd notice, which at times is very convenient. He usually just wants to know if he needs to go pick up take out or not. Gotta love a man like that.

        Caileigh

        Liedtke Goetz <goetzliedtke@...> wrote:

        --- Kiley Glass <caileighsoaps@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Yes sir. The kids hate it when mommy starts a fire in the kitchen.

        But how can you tell if the roast goose is done without setting off
        the smoke alarm?

        Goetz

        Be a better friend, newshound, and