RE: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Finish Question

    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 10 10:42 AM

      You Said:
         An easy approximate 2 lb. mix is to fill a 1 pint wide mouth canning jar to the 8 oz mark with alcohol. (Find the ones with the measurements on the side.) Add shellac flakes to the 10 oz mark. Stir periodically until dissolved. (I hook mine up in a drill press and let it stir.)
      3. Even the flakes themselves deteriorate after time, in which case they won't dissolve no matter how long you wait or how much you stir.

      My response:

      You stir with a drill press?  For a guy who used to be completely off-grid, you sure seem to have adjusted.

      Welcome to the Dark Side.

      Will

    • Kiley Glass
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 13 12:42 PM
        When you use your smoke alarm as a kitchen timer, it's not really the same as starting a fire, is it now? That's the line I've taken with the kids and I'm sticking to it. My husband I don't have to worry about. It's highly unlikely that he'd notice, which at times is very convenient. He usually just wants to know if he needs to go pick up take out or not. Gotta love a man like that.

        Caileigh

        Liedtke Goetz <goetzliedtke@...> wrote:

        --- Kiley Glass <caileighsoaps@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Yes sir. The kids hate it when mommy starts a fire in the kitchen.

        But how can you tell if the roast goose is done without setting off
        the smoke alarm?

        Goetz

        Be a better friend, newshound, and