RE: [MedievalSawdust] Finish Question

  • Karl Christoffers
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 9 1:50 PM
      --- Rebekah d'Avignon <rebekahdavignon@...>
      wrote:

      > Actually, you are pretty close. The key is the "lac"
      > which is from the French lacque en encailles (lac in
      > thin plates).

      Cool.

      My reading tells me that the last round of lac
      processing bleaches the "button lac." The resulting
      goo is stretched into your thin plates
      (shel-lac)before being broken up, packaged and
      shipped.

      I understand (I have performed no tests myself) that
      shellac stores indefinitely in its dry state, and the
      ability-to-dry clock does not start ticking until you
      dissolve the flakes in alcohol.

      -Malcolm

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Kiley Glass
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 13 12:42 PM
        When you use your smoke alarm as a kitchen timer, it's not really the same as starting a fire, is it now? That's the line I've taken with the kids and I'm sticking to it. My husband I don't have to worry about. It's highly unlikely that he'd notice, which at times is very convenient. He usually just wants to know if he needs to go pick up take out or not. Gotta love a man like that.

        Caileigh

        Liedtke Goetz <goetzliedtke@...> wrote:

        --- Kiley Glass <caileighsoaps@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Yes sir. The kids hate it when mommy starts a fire in the kitchen.

        But how can you tell if the roast goose is done without setting off
        the smoke alarm?

        Goetz

        Be a better friend, newshound, and