RE: [MedievalSawdust] Finish Question

  • Rebekah d'Avignon
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 9, 2008
      Actually, you are pretty close. The key is the "lac" which is from the French lacque en encailles (lac in thin plates).

      Bill McNutt <mcnutt@...> wrote:
      Beetle shells.
      Really.
      “Shell”-ac.
      I think it may be a synthetic polymer these days, but in the old days, you got it by boiling down bugs.
      Will
      .

      The dissatisfaction of the populace with any form of government takes one of two forms: First, people register their complaint at the ballot box and through petitions and demonstrations. When that doesn't work, dissatisfaction takes the form of mobs in the street with torches and pitchforks....adjusted for the current technology and availability, of course.

    • Kiley Glass
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 13, 2008
        When you use your smoke alarm as a kitchen timer, it's not really the same as starting a fire, is it now? That's the line I've taken with the kids and I'm sticking to it. My husband I don't have to worry about. It's highly unlikely that he'd notice, which at times is very convenient. He usually just wants to know if he needs to go pick up take out or not. Gotta love a man like that.

        Caileigh

        Liedtke Goetz <goetzliedtke@...> wrote:

        --- Kiley Glass <caileighsoaps@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Yes sir. The kids hate it when mommy starts a fire in the kitchen.

        But how can you tell if the roast goose is done without setting off
        the smoke alarm?

        Goetz

        Be a better friend, newshound, and