french princess tomb find bed

  • caileighsoaps
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2007
      I'm hoping someone here will know what I'm talking about and be able
      to point me in the right direction to get plans for this.

      When I lived in the Middle Kingdom there was this knight (from
      Cynnabar I think) who'd made this bed based on one from a french
      princess's tomb. I've seen her clothes re-created in at least two
      places within the SCA, so I think this tomb find is pretty well
      known. Anyway, he showed some of us this bed at an event, and it was
      very simple and attractive. He said he could take it apart and put it
      together pretty quickly, maybe 15 minutes if I remember right. I'd
      know it if I saw it again. It was all wooden slats, and not a rope
      style.

      Does anybody know anything about this bed and where I can get plans
      for it?

      Thanks in advance,

      Caileigh
    • ariannall@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2007
        Hi there!

        I'm from Cynnabar. I'll check around and see if anyone knows who this might be. How long ago?

        Arianna