Re: FW: [TY] Canopy camping bed, visually period

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 8, 2007
      >>Does anyone know where I might point this nice lady? Doctoraicha -at-
      >>yahoo.com
      >
      >I need some assistance locating either plans for a portable full sized
      >canopy bed, or links to some reputable SCA artisans who can make me
      >one. I know several of you out there have them.

      I use a canopy bed and could either offer advice or be talked into
      making one, depending on what, exactly, she was wanting. I guess the
      real question is how portable is portable?
    • brandr's comcast
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 15, 2007
        Avery,

        Do have pictures of your bed available?  I looked in the photo section but didn't see any that I connected to you.

        Thanks
        Brandr

        On Dec 8, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Avery Austringer wrote:

        >>Does anyone know where I might point this nice lady? Doctoraicha -at-
        >>yahoo.com
        >
        >I need some assistance locating either plans for a portable full sized
        >canopy bed, or links to some reputable SCA artisans who can make me
        >one. I know several of you out there have them.

        I use a canopy bed and could either offer advice or be talked into
        making one, depending on what, exactly, she was wanting. I guess the
        real question is how portable is portable?

        Jason Willis
        Group Leader
        Little Rock Study Group

        Phone:  (501) 351-5628
        Email:   brandr@...

      • MMcLean
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 16, 2007
          Hi! I've made the late 16th century Campaign Chest bed that folds down into
          a chest. With my beginner woodworking it wasn't exactly pretty, but it was
          very sturdy and all folded into the chest! It was not only visually period,
          it was as structurally so as I could make it.
          I'd be happy to advise the individual and point them to the sources I used.
          Feel free to give them my email address!
          Madinia
          It is possible for people to disagree without being disagreeable

          Marsha

          It is possible for people to disagree without being disagreeable
        • barondevin@insightbb.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 16, 2007

            From: MMcLean <marshamclean@...>
            Date: Sunday, December 16, 2007 8:09
            Subject: [MedievalSawdust] Re: FW: [TY] Canopy camping bed, visually period
            To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com

            > Hi! I've made the late 16th century Campaign Chest bed ...
            > I'd be happy to ...point them to the sources I used.

            If you'd care to name sources here, I'm sure a few of us would be interested. :-)

            Devin
          • Trevor Payne
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 17, 2007
              How about pictures of your new bed?

              Aiden

              MMcLean <marshamclean@...> wrote:
              Hi! I've made the late 16th century Campaign Chest bed that folds down into
              a chest. With my beginner woodworking it wasn't exactly pretty, but it was
              very sturdy and all folded into the chest! It was not only visually period,
              it was as structurally so as I could make it.
              I'd be happy to advise the individual and point them to the sources I used.
              Feel free to give them my email address!
              Madinia
              It is possible for people to disagree without being disagreeable

              Marsha

              It is possible for people to disagree without being disagreeable

              "Those who beat their swords into plowshares plow for those who didn't"
              --Benjamin Franklin--

            • donat0
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 18, 2007
                Perhaps putting the actual plans in the files section would be
                appreciated too, I know I would be interested in seeing them.

                Donato

              • jimlooper@embarqmail.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 18, 2007
                  Same here! I wanna see too!