Question on a cucumber tree

  • kirkdrago
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2007
      All,
      I was wondering if anyone has had any experience working with
      cucumber tree wood. This past October I had to clear some trees off
      some property I own. One tree was large and straight enough to mill.
      It turned out to be a cucumber tree, which apparently is a member of
      the magnolia family. So yesterday I picked up about 70 bd ft which
      has been milled and dried. Its very light wood both in color and
      weight. (Sure didn't feel that light when I was loading the logs into
      my van!)

      Anyway, other that getting its family name off the internet, I can't
      find much about it. Anyone have any experience with this wood?

      Yours in sawdust,

      Kirk