Re: [MedievalSawdust] Good source for wide black walnut?

  • reza gilman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
      OP Hardwoods in Springfield Mo

      Jack Needles <jneedles@...> wrote:
      I might be in desperate need of a 10 - 11" wide piece of black walnut.. anyone know any reliable places to order with a quick turn around and ship time?

      Malachai

    • lambdakennels1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
        It depends on the length and thickness you need.  Several scroll saw supply companies carry 8 to 10 inch wide pieces of walnut, but usually in two foot lengths and no thicker than an inch.  If you check www.woodenteddybear.com they have wide pieces of walnut.  I have ordered from them and the wood is good.  You might also try www.woodfinder.com.  You can input species and get suppliers near you.

        Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
        Hunt County, Texas
        Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
        K5AMK

        -- "Jack Needles" <jneedles@...> wrote:
        I might be in desperate need of a 10 - 11" wide piece of black walnut.. anyone know any reliable places to order with a quick turn around and ship time?

        Malachai
      • James W. Pratt, Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
          I have plenty 8-9 feet long rough cut 1" nominal, air dried for 6 months.  I am in Ohio.

          James Cunningham