Good source for wide black walnut?

  • Jack Needles
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
      I might be in desperate need of a 10 - 11" wide piece of black walnut.. anyone know any reliable places to order with a quick turn around and ship time?

      Malachai
    • reza gilman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
        OP Hardwoods in Springfield Mo

      • lambdakennels1@juno.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
          It depends on the length and thickness you need.  Several scroll saw supply companies carry 8 to 10 inch wide pieces of walnut, but usually in two foot lengths and no thicker than an inch.  If you check www.woodenteddybear.com they have wide pieces of walnut.  I have ordered from them and the wood is good.  You might also try www.woodfinder.com.  You can input species and get suppliers near you.

          Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
          Hunt County, Texas
          Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
          K5AMK

          -- "Jack Needles" <jneedles@...> wrote:
          I might be in desperate need of a 10 - 11" wide piece of black walnut.. anyone know any reliable places to order with a quick turn around and ship time?

          Malachai
        • James W. Pratt, Jr.
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
            I have plenty 8-9 feet long rough cut 1" nominal, air dried for 6 months.  I am in Ohio.

            James Cunningham