Wood for utensils

  • Hallie Ewanus
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2007
      I wonder if items from willow might impart a bitter tase to food as
      It's bark and leaves are a source for an asprin precurser. The problem
      with toxicity lists as the only criteria is that many non toxic flavors
      are unpleasant with most food. Pine resin is edible as in retsina wine,
      but would be auful if everything you eat tased of it. Oak too has a
      harsh flvor but is not harmful May be One could leach the tase out by
      repated soaking in hot water before sealing with oil.
      Hallie ,in south fl.