Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: campaign furniture

  • lambdakennels1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2007
      My persona is an 8th century Irish lady.  However, I am more interested in finding a comfortable bed than in staying with that time period.  I just want to be consistent with whatever time period I go with so that the whole tent is one time period, not a mix.  Roman furniture would probably be good, as they did campaign a lot, and their wall tents are fairly comfortable.

      Lady Stephanie Lilburn
      aka Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
      Hunt County, Texas
      Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
      K5AMK

      -- "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
      Lady Lilburn,

      This type of request for information about accurate items always
      deserves a question in response.  When and where are you trying to
      portray?  Identifying your target culture, region and century allows
      for more detailed responses.

      By the way, the Romans had great campaign gear, there are quite a
      few sources for them.  I would probably go that route, if I wasn't
      already so invested in the 10c Vikings in Dublin set-up...

      Yours in Service to the Dream,
      Eirikr Mjoksiglandi
      Ashgrove, Barony of Angels, Caid

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "lambdakennels1@..."
      <lambdakennels1@...> wrote:

      > Speaking of books, does anyone have a good source of information
      on campaign furniture?  I am talking about the kind of break-down
      furniture the aristocrats took to furnish their tents when going to
      war.  I am tired of sleeping on a tiny tent cot and having to share
      it with a standard poodle and a red heeler.  I would like to build
      some break-down furniture to take when going to SCA events and
      camping, and would rather build something that would have actually
      been used than not.  Thank you.
      > Lady Stephanie Lilburn
      > aka Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
      > Hunt County, Texas
      > Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
      > K5AMK

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional