Re: Books?

  • Keith Walker
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 4, 2007
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Walker"
      <theshedroof@...> wrote:

      > Devin.---sorry about the spelling mistake
      > As you may know, I work at making miniatures, but the book I find
      great
      > is----The English Home--by Doreen Yarwood----isbn 0 713408057,I
      know
      > is out of print but have a look on ebay.
      > The book covers Anglo Saxon to 1160-----right though to 1860--1914,
      > It shows details on interiors and covers furniture of the period
      > Keith
      >
      > Keith Walker maker of roomboxes,dioramas, modern and period
      > miniature furniture.
      > Near enough is good enough when near enough is dead right.
      > http://community.webshots.com/user/theshedroof
      > http://members.lycos.co.uk/kwminiatures/
      >

      > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, barondevin@ wrote:
      > >
      > > What are your favorite resource books for period woodworking?
      > > My own reference library is very small, and I have been asked to
      > start thinking about Christmas.
      > >
      > > Devin

    • Derek Olson
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 4, 2007
        I have enjoyed and gotten many ideas from these two books by Daniel
        Diehl
        Constructing Medieval Furniture by Daniel Diehl ISBN 0-8117-2795-5

        http://www.amazon.com/Constructing-Medieval-Furniture-Instructions-
        Historical/dp/0811727955/ref=sr_1_1/002-0199466-9612872?
        ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194243118&sr=1-1

        and Medieval Furniture by Daniel Diehl and Mark Donnelly ISBN 0-8117-
        2854-4

        http://www.amazon.com/Medieval-Furniture-Instructions-Historical-
        Reproductions/dp/0811728544/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/002-0199466-9612872

        and for tool references I have to say I love this book, it is out of
        print but with some searching you can find a copy for around 30$

        The Mästermyr Find: A Viking Age Tool Chest from Gotland By by Greta
        Arwidsson, and Gosta Berg ISBN 0-9650755-1-6

        http://www.amazon.com/M%C3%A4stermyr-Find-Viking-Chest-
        Gotland/dp/0965075516/ref=sr_11_1/002-0199466-9612872?
        ie=UTF8&qid=1194243487&sr=11-1

        hope this helps

        Oldwolf

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, barondevin@... wrote:

        > What are your favorite resource books for period woodworking?
        > My own reference library is very small, and I have been asked to
        start thinking about Christmas.

        > Devin

      • Michael T Combs
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
          I love Roy's shows and his books.  They have so much information about techniques and tools

          Michaeus

          Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
          Unless you are looking for books with potential period projects
          any book on handtools would be a good edition to your library

          Roy Underhill's books

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • barondevin@insightbb.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 17, 2007