Re: [MedievalSawdust] Restored Church Regalia - pictures sizes for upload?

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 3, 2007
      We have 22% of our 100MB storage filled....

      if they are HUGE files you could always got to photobucket.com
      and host them there....

      Still do not understand why yahoo gives unlimited storage to
      individuals and limits the storage for it's groups....

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 4, 2007
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Walker"
        <theshedroof@...> wrote:

        > Devin.---sorry about the spelling mistake
        > As you may know, I work at making miniatures, but the book I find
        great
        > is----The English Home--by Doreen Yarwood----isbn 0 713408057,I
        know
        > is out of print but have a look on ebay.
        > The book covers Anglo Saxon to 1160-----right though to 1860--1914,
        > It shows details on interiors and covers furniture of the period
        > Keith
        >
        > Keith Walker maker of roomboxes,dioramas, modern and period
        > miniature furniture.
        > Near enough is good enough when near enough is dead right.
        > http://community.webshots.com/user/theshedroof
        > http://members.lycos.co.uk/kwminiatures/
        >

        > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, barondevin@ wrote:
        > >
        > > What are your favorite resource books for period woodworking?
        > > My own reference library is very small, and I have been asked to
        > start thinking about Christmas.
        > >
        > > Devin

      • Derek Olson
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 4, 2007
          I have enjoyed and gotten many ideas from these two books by Daniel
          Diehl
          Constructing Medieval Furniture by Daniel Diehl ISBN 0-8117-2795-5

          http://www.amazon.com/Constructing-Medieval-Furniture-Instructions-
          Historical/dp/0811727955/ref=sr_1_1/002-0199466-9612872?
          ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194243118&sr=1-1

          and Medieval Furniture by Daniel Diehl and Mark Donnelly ISBN 0-8117-
          2854-4

          http://www.amazon.com/Medieval-Furniture-Instructions-Historical-
          Reproductions/dp/0811728544/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/002-0199466-9612872

          and for tool references I have to say I love this book, it is out of
          print but with some searching you can find a copy for around 30$

          The Mästermyr Find: A Viking Age Tool Chest from Gotland By by Greta
          Arwidsson, and Gosta Berg ISBN 0-9650755-1-6

          http://www.amazon.com/M%C3%A4stermyr-Find-Viking-Chest-
          Gotland/dp/0965075516/ref=sr_11_1/002-0199466-9612872?
          ie=UTF8&qid=1194243487&sr=11-1

          hope this helps

          Oldwolf

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, barondevin@... wrote:

          > What are your favorite resource books for period woodworking?
          > My own reference library is very small, and I have been asked to
          start thinking about Christmas.

          > Devin

        • Michael T Combs
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
            I love Roy's shows and his books.  They have so much information about techniques and tools

            Michaeus

            Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
            Unless you are looking for books with potential period projects
            any book on handtools would be a good edition to your library

            Roy Underhill's books

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • barondevin@insightbb.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 17, 2007