Re: Books?

  • Keith Walker
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 3, 2007
      Devin.
      As you may no, I work at making miniatures, but the book I find great
      is----The English Home--by Doreen Yarwood----isbn 0 713408057,I know
      is out of print but have a look on ebay.
      The book covers Anglo Saxon to 1160-----right though to 1860--1914,
      It shows details on interiors and covers furniture of the period
      Keith

      Keith Walker maker of roomboxes,dioramas, modern and period
      miniature furniture.
      Near enough is good enough when near enough is dead right.
      http://community.webshots.com/user/theshedroof
      http://members.lycos.co.uk/kwminiatures/

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, barondevin@... wrote:

      > What are your favorite resource books for period woodworking?
      > My own reference library is very small, and I have been asked to
      start thinking about Christmas.

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 3, 2007
        We have 22% of our 100MB storage filled....

        if they are HUGE files you could always got to photobucket.com
        and host them there....

        Still do not understand why yahoo gives unlimited storage to
        individuals and limits the storage for it's groups....

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 4, 2007
          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Walker"
          <theshedroof@...> wrote:

          > Devin.---sorry about the spelling mistake
          > As you may know, I work at making miniatures, but the book I find
          great
          > is----The English Home--by Doreen Yarwood----isbn 0 713408057,I
          know
          > is out of print but have a look on ebay.
          > The book covers Anglo Saxon to 1160-----right though to 1860--1914,
          > It shows details on interiors and covers furniture of the period
          > Keith
          >
          > Keith Walker maker of roomboxes,dioramas, modern and period
          > miniature furniture.
          > Near enough is good enough when near enough is dead right.
          > http://community.webshots.com/user/theshedroof
          > http://members.lycos.co.uk/kwminiatures/
          >

          > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, barondevin@ wrote:
          > >
          > > What are your favorite resource books for period woodworking?
          > > My own reference library is very small, and I have been asked to
          > start thinking about Christmas.
          > >
          > > Devin

        • Derek Olson
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 4, 2007
            I have enjoyed and gotten many ideas from these two books by Daniel
            Diehl
            Constructing Medieval Furniture by Daniel Diehl ISBN 0-8117-2795-5

            http://www.amazon.com/Constructing-Medieval-Furniture-Instructions-
            Historical/dp/0811727955/ref=sr_1_1/002-0199466-9612872?
            ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194243118&sr=1-1

            and Medieval Furniture by Daniel Diehl and Mark Donnelly ISBN 0-8117-
            2854-4

            http://www.amazon.com/Medieval-Furniture-Instructions-Historical-
            Reproductions/dp/0811728544/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/002-0199466-9612872

            and for tool references I have to say I love this book, it is out of
            print but with some searching you can find a copy for around 30$

            The Mästermyr Find: A Viking Age Tool Chest from Gotland By by Greta
            Arwidsson, and Gosta Berg ISBN 0-9650755-1-6

            http://www.amazon.com/M%C3%A4stermyr-Find-Viking-Chest-
            Gotland/dp/0965075516/ref=sr_11_1/002-0199466-9612872?
            ie=UTF8&qid=1194243487&sr=11-1

            hope this helps

            Oldwolf

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, barondevin@... wrote:

            > What are your favorite resource books for period woodworking?
            > My own reference library is very small, and I have been asked to
            start thinking about Christmas.

            > Devin

          • Michael T Combs
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 5, 2007
              I love Roy's shows and his books.  They have so much information about techniques and tools

              Michaeus

              Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
              Unless you are looking for books with potential period projects
              any book on handtools would be a good edition to your library

              Roy Underhill's books

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • barondevin@insightbb.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 17, 2007