Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Wood Toxicity Site

  • scorch
    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 31, 2007
      This is a solution that gets into the various woodworking magazines periodically.

      The version I like best is to build a frame that the box fan sits in, with guides in
      front of the fan (intake side), that the furnace filter slides into. This way it's easy
      to remove the filter to clean or replace it. The best version fits two filters together
      for an extra layer of filtering.

      Eoin

      Rebekah d'Avignon <rebekahdavignon@...> wrote:
      Now that we are having cooler temps - I moved a 20" box fan (window fan) into my "shop" and taped a 20 x 20 furnace filter ($5) to it. Why does anyone use duct tape - it doesn't stick to anything. After it ran overnight I saw that it had trapped A BUNCH of air-borne stuff. I still sweep the floor (broom and dustpan) but at least the fine matter is gone.

      http://mail.yahoo.com