Penn State Industries Library of Downloadable Instruction Sheets

  • mmagnusol
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2007
      http://www.pennstateind.com/library.php

      Amongst other things you might notice turning Buffalo
      and Antler. For example inkwells that accompanied
      penners [cases for pens] were often made of horn. I have
      some thick goat horn I set aside for the project myself.
      Be the first on your block to smell worse than a goat.
      Skeletal materials are often quite smelly and the dust is
      uncommonly fine when compared with regular wood dust.
      Best done outside with a fan blowing the dust downwind
      and away.

      Magnus
    • Ralph Lindberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2007

        http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/util/turning_courses?Args=
        http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/util/resource_center?Args=

        > Amongst other things you might notice turning Buffalo
        > and Antler. For example inkwells that accompanied
        > penners [cases for pens] were often made of horn. I have
        > some thick goat horn I set aside for the project myself.
        > Be the first on your block to smell worse than a goat.
        > Skeletal materials are often quite smelly and the dust is
        > uncommonly fine when compared with regular wood dust.
        > Best done outside with a fan blowing the dust downwind
        > and away.

        The IAP (Pen Turners club) also has info that you might find useful
        http://www.penturners.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=45

        TTFN
        Ralg