Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: chip carving

  • Bruce S. R. Lee
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 8, 2007
      In stone, do a search on 'Jesus Family Tomb' - at least one of the
      ossuaries has 'chip' carved rosettes. Photos are in the May/June 2007
      (vol 18 No.3) issue of Minerva, if you local library gets it.

      There are a lot of 'chip' carved designs in stone from the
      'Classical' world, just that the amount of surviving wood is very
      limited. I'll have to do a quick search of my Roman woodworking books
      to see if anything survived from Herculaneum.

      regards
      Brusi of Orkney
      Rowany/Lochac