Changing router bits

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007
      That's the biggest advantage to having multiple routers. I hate changing bits in the middle of a project, so I set each router up with a different bit, set them on a rack in the order I'll use them, and then take the bits out when I'm done. BTW a great way to take care of doing edging with small round and chamfer bits, is the little trim router from Harbor Freight. It's not the fanciest or most powerful trim router on the market, but when it's on sale for $15 - 20, it's an unbeatable value. I have two and only take the round over bits out when I need to replace them. They also work fairly well with 1/4 straight cut bits for trimming edges up to a line. They won't do heavy work, but I have a 3 1/4 HP Hitachi M12v for that. At 11 lbs, it isn't something I want to use for small projects.

      Brian Broadaxe