books online ( lots of books )

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007
      There are a lot of books here and I haven't had a chance
      to glance at more than a couple but I thought I would share
      the link now anyway.....

      http://sallerin.club.fr/Categories.htm

      Here are some examples that I know the subjects will
      be found interesting
      to some members of this forum ...
      ( still looking...... )

      Traité De La Forme Et Devis D’un Tournoy .
      René d’Anjou (1460) (11kO 27 pages)

      Armor of the battle of Wisby 1361 Tome 1.
      Beng Thordeman (60 MO 491 pages)

      Armor of the battle of Wisby 1361 Tome 2.
      Beng Thordeman (15 MO 150 pages)

      The Medieval Horse and its Equipment. Medieval finds
      from excavations in London.
      John Clark (1995) (36 MO 199 pages)

      _________________
      Baron Conal O'hAirt

      Aude Aliquid Dignum ( Dare Something Worthy )
      Squired to Duke Sir Edmund of Hertford
      Midrealm of the Barony of Fenix

      Got a little couch potato?
    • JBRMM266@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007
        In a message dated 9/30/2007 7:48:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, baronconal@... writes:

        Traité De La Forme Et Devis D’un Tournoy .
        René d’Anjou (1460) (11kO 27 pages)
        in French or in English?  With or without the illustrations?

      • Lisa Wiser
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007
          What I looked at (armor ... I'm looking at horse related things) was in
          English but HUGE. Not zipped where I looked and it might be an all day
          download at the size, even with my DSL line ... but they were in PDF
          files with illustrations from what I saw before I quite the download
          (I'm actually supposed to be working!)

          Lia

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007
              I was able to find Rene's book.  It's in French without illustrations.

              Apparently someone bought the rights to the illustrations, thought the textins public domain.  Bummer

              Donal