Re: New Trestle Table

  • Jeff Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
      Don't suppose that shop where you work has a pile of quarter-sawn
      white oak just laying about for you to scrounge?

      Aside from that, maple makes a nice hard table surface.

      PS - you know that poly finishes make the baby Jesus cry... ;)

      Geoffrey B.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007

        Don't suppose that shop where you work has a pile of quarter-sawn
        white oak just laying about for you to scrounge?

        I'd be working on mission/art's and crafts stuff if they did.

        Aside from that, maple makes a nice hard table surface.

        PS - you know that poly finishes make the baby Jesus cry... ;)

        I was planning on a oil-poly blend that looks like an oil finish and
        protects like poly.....  General Finishes makes it. I really like it
        for non-A&S projects

        http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10928&filter=general%20%20finishes