Dragonwing Pavillions Tent Book / Woodland Yurts Book

  • mmagnusol
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007
      Dragonwing Pavilions has published a new book...
      This is a how to do it yourself, and then take
      care of / repair the things type of book. Comes
      from many years of him being a sail maker and then
      a tent maker. Similar but an enlargement on what
      he has on the web. John LaTorre is the author.
      Other tent books may be had on his website.
      I have bought all of them myself.

      I once got an excellent book on building Mongolian
      yurts/ger written by an Englishman who
      went there to study with some tent builders and
      who does excellent coppiced wood yurts in England
      now. This has been the best of a number of yurt
      books I have. It might have been better illustrated
      but it gets all the details right.
      If you spend two weeks at Pennsic or another war a
      Mongolian yurt is definitely the way to go. Greatly
      ventilated, sturdy in storms, lots of room.
      http://www.woodlandyurts.co.uk/

      Magnus

      http://midtown.net/dragonwing/default.htm