RE: :: Re: [medievalsawdust] bentwood boxes

  • Schuster, Robert L.
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
      I have found a pic in Viking Artefacts of one from Hedeby but the one from the Oseberg burial is still eluding me;)

      Halvgrimr

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2003
        Schuster, Robert L. wrote:
        > I have found a pic in Viking Artefacts of one from Hedeby but the one
        > from the Oseberg burial is still eluding me;)
        >
        > Halvgrimr

        There are drawings of a big decorated one in Valsgarde 8.

        Magnus

      • Gary Halstead
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2003
          There are also remains from York dating from the 9th, 11th, and 14th
          centuries. The accompanying commentary makes clear that there are
          plenty of finds dating from the Bronze Age to the 20th century.

          Morris, Carole A. Craft, Industry and Everyday Life: Wood and
          Woodworking in Anglo-Scandinavian and Medieval York. The
          Archaeology of York, vol. 17/13. York: Council for British
          Archaeology, 2000. pp. 2293-97

          Ranulf

          rmhowe wrote:

          > Schuster, Robert L. wrote:
          >
          >>I have found a pic in Viking Artefacts of one from Hedeby but the one
          >>from the Oseberg burial is still eluding me;)
          >>
          >>Halvgrimr
          >

          > There are drawings of a big decorated one in Valsgarde 8.
          >
          > Magnus

        • Schuster, Robert L.
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 10, 2003

            There are drawings of a big decorated one in Valsgarde 8.

            Magnus

             yup, got it thanks

            its here for those interested