Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Boxwood?

  • leaking pen
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 8, 2007
      dogwood!  thats teh one someone mentioned before. thanks.

      On 8/8/07, Tracy Swanson <tstar2000@...> wrote:

      I just purchased a copy of Wood Identification and Use (revised and expanded) by Terry Porter. In order to clear up what it is that we are referring to, it references Boxwood as:

      Dogwood Cornus florida (Cornaceae) also called Boxwood, bunchberry, flowering dogwood, Florida dogwood, cornel and arrow wood.

      Hope this helps...

      In Magical Service,
      Malaki

      --
      That which yields isn't always weak.
    • leaking pen
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 9, 2007
        as i recall, the man was vehemant against voltaire directly, discussing his sex life in frank detail, ect.  i cant find a link i had read about it a while ago, but heres some info about the missatrubition.

        On 8/9/07, JBRMM266@... <JBRMM266@...> wrote:

        Interesting . . . I've seen that line, pretty much as I gave it, cited in any number of sources.

        I stand corrected.

        I can see how it is a generalized rendition of the sentiment conveyed in the letter.  One has to wonder, though, if he detested the Abbé's writing because he disagreed with it or because he just thought it was bad writing!

        Your servant aye
        Donal