Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Boxwood?

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 3, 2007
      Yes, they have European Box (Buxus sempervirens) listed!

      Excellent site! I love their "Species and Name Index"
      http://www.gilmerwood.com/species.htm
      and their photos of the different woods
      http://www.gilmerwood.com/Gilmerwood%20Wood%20Sample%20Images.htm

      Beth

      At 09:40 AM 8/3/2007, you wrote:
      >Gilmer Hardwoods www.gilmerwood.com/. They have carried Box in the
      >past and probably still do. Good people.
      >
      >Craig Robert
      >
      >Craig R. Pierpont
      >Another Era Lutherie
      >www.anotherera.com
    • leaking pen
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 9, 2007
        as i recall, the man was vehemant against voltaire directly, discussing his sex life in frank detail, ect.  i cant find a link i had read about it a while ago, but heres some info about the missatrubition.

        On 8/9/07, JBRMM266@... <JBRMM266@...> wrote:

        Interesting . . . I've seen that line, pretty much as I gave it, cited in any number of sources.

        I stand corrected.

        I can see how it is a generalized rendition of the sentiment conveyed in the letter.  One has to wonder, though, if he detested the Abbé's writing because he disagreed with it or because he just thought it was bad writing!

        Your servant aye
        Donal