Re: [MedievalSawdust] Boxwood?

  • Bruce S. R. Lee
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 2 9:55 AM
      You could look for something called 'Servicewood'
      - at least that is what the York wood book refers
      to when talking of a slow growing, very hard wood used in York.

      Another would be 'hormbeam' - its still available
      in reasonable quantities as its ised for the sole
      of quality wooden planes & tool handles.

      regards
      Brusi

      At 02:24 PM 2/08/2007, you wrote:
      >Greeting unto the list,
      >
      >I am in search of boxwood. I would like to make
      >some combs and we are having a hard time finding
      >some. Is there a substitute? The sizes slabs need to be 4 X 6 X ¼ to ½ in.
      >
      >Bob and Beth found some but it was extremely
      >expensive. Any one else know of a source?
      >
      >Thanks
      >
      >Frederick
    • leaking pen
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 9 1:19 PM
        as i recall, the man was vehemant against voltaire directly, discussing his sex life in frank detail, ect.  i cant find a link i had read about it a while ago, but heres some info about the missatrubition.

        On 8/9/07, JBRMM266@... <JBRMM266@...> wrote:

        Interesting . . . I've seen that line, pretty much as I gave it, cited in any number of sources.

        I stand corrected.

        I can see how it is a generalized rendition of the sentiment conveyed in the letter.  One has to wonder, though, if he detested the Abbé's writing because he disagreed with it or because he just thought it was bad writing!

        Your servant aye
        Donal