Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Sealing eating vessels - bees wax? something else?

  • Sevarian/Crispin
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 26, 2007
      I shall have to concentrate on finishing the first one so I can get something up for my "adoring masses" <grin>.

      I managed to get Tung Oil yesterday, as well as a Citrus/Tung oil preparation called Organoil (www.organoil.com.au)  Woodwipe

      On 27/07/07, slarm1 <slarm1@...> wrote:

      As many have suggested, Tung oil is a great finish, just make sure it
      is pure tung oil. Some "tung oil finishes" are actually tung oil based
      varnishes thinned down with mineral spirits. I hope to see some of
      your work pics soon also. Stephan von Hesse

      --
      Crispin Harris
      crispin.harris@...