RE: [MedievalSawdust] Cart deck thickness question

  • Tracy Swanson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20 3:34 PM
      There is a period looking alternative (being a magician, I shouldn't be telling you this...). Use the plywood, bostic birch if you want something really smooth and nice, and draw lines down the length of the ply, with the grain, about every 6" - 8". Break out the V tool from your carving set and cut the lines, one layer deep. What you are doing is simulating the look of planking, the V cuts being representative of the seams between the boards. This is most effective when stained dark, for the lines look as though they go through.

      In Magical Service,
      Malaki